Tuzigoot is an ancient village or pueblo built by a culture known as the Sinagua. The pueblo consisted of 110 rooms including second and third story structures. The first buildings were built around A.D. 1000. The Sinagua were agriculturalists with trade connections that spanned hundreds of miles. The people left the area around 1400. The site is currently comprised of 42 acres.
The Monument is located just north of Clarkdale, Arizona. The park is 52 miles south of Flagstaff, Arizona via U.S. Alternate Highway 89A, or 90 miles north of Phoenix. Travel Interstate Highway 17, take Exit 287 and travel west on Highway 260 to Cottonwood. In Cottonwood take Main Street north towards Clarkdale.
The visitor center is a small, old-style museum with many artifacts on display. It is one of the few museums interpreting ancient Sinaguan culture in Arizona. The Ruins trail loops around the pueblo and allows visitors to closely view the structures. Southwest Parks and Monuments Association operates a small bookstore in the visitor center.
Two trails are found at Tuzigoot-The Ruins Loop trail and the Tavasci Marsh Overlook trail. Both trails are a quarter of a mile in length.
Text from National Park Service website.
Map from MapofArizona website.